Guidelines for Use
Groups using the meeting room of the Mannford Public Library should be of an educational, informational, civic, cultural, or professional nature. Purely social functions do not fall within the realm of Library responsibility.
The room is not to be used by individuals or groups for private profit, fund raising, political, social or commercial in nature. Use of the room by groups of a controversial nature will be referred to the Mannford Public Library Board. No goods or services shall be promoted, sold, or exchanged.
The Library reserves the right to deny application for use of the meeting room when in the judgment of the director any disorder may likely occur. Meetings may be terminated if they are disruptive to library services.
- Gambling, smoking and/or use of alcohol is not permitted at any time within the library.
- All meetings must be open to the public.
- No admission charge may be made for any function held in the conference room. Donations, membership dues, and/or registration fees covering the cost of materials or speakers are acceptable.
- The Library is not responsible for children left unattended in the Library while their parent or guardian is in a meeting in the Library meeting room. If children create a disturbance in the Library, they will be asked to stay with their parents in the meeting room.
- Groups must clean up and vacate the room at least ten minutes before the building is closed.
Requests for the meeting room should be made with the library director.
You must provide current contact information must for the requesting individual or group. Library or city related functions will have first priority on the building at all times, including the meeting room. Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The meeting room is available without charge during regular Library hours, with the following exception: If additional staff or cleaning is required, the user of the room is liable for the costs. If damage to the room or to the Library and/or the equipment is incurred, the user will be charged for such damage.
No one has the authority to waive or modify any part of this policy except the director and Library Board of Trustees. Any questions, comments or concerns regarding this policy should be submitted to the director or Library Board.
Meeting Room or Conference Room Reservations
By filling out and submitting the reservation form you agree that you have read and understand the Mannford Public Library’s policy concerning the use of their conference or meeting room. According to the policy, you agree to meet the requirements and shall follow the restrictions listed or any other guidelines that the Library Board or Library Director stipulates at the time of use.
You also agree that should any damage occur or cleaning is required after my use of the room, you will make restitution to the satisfaction of the Library Board or Library Director.